We here at Night Light Stories are excited to announce our very first contest. It is easy to enter, and fun to do! Simply send us an original picture of your favorite scene or character from the story "Dale". One winner will be chosen randomly on January 28th, 2009. The winner will receive one free set of Goosie Cards! All you need to do to enter is send us a digital picture of your work of art to email@example.com. We would love to see your creations and post them to share with others!
That is not all! Everyone can be a winner. If you place an order at http://www.goosiecards.com/ between now and February 28, 2009 you will receive 20% off your order. Simply enter the promo code nightlight during the checkout process. Enjoy!
Unison: a process in which all elements behave in the same way at the same time.
Hardy: (of plants) able to withstand the cold of winter in the open air.
Intently: having the attention sharply focused or fixed on something.
In the story, Dale finds "treasure scraps" in a compost pile.
Do you know what a compost pile is? Do you know how to make one?
Find out by following the link below.
JUST ADD IMAGINATION!
Try these activities to keep your imagination glowing after hearing the story.
1. When you are traveling around a new place, it is always a good idea to keep track of some landmarks (a barn, the big crooked tree, the 5 bright yellow flowers) to help you find your way back. Write down in order some landmarks Dale could use to help him get back to his new home.
2. Look around the area you live while you are taking a walk or in the car. What animals do you see? Research one of these animals and discover the way they live.
After listening to the story, can you recall the details to answer these questions?
1. What are some things Dale enjoyed eating?
2. Who was Dale surprised to see? Why was he so surprised to see them?
3. Where did Dale find a new home? Use detail to describe it.