Happy End of the School Year! Thanks to all of you who participated in the contest by leaving a comment on the blog . There are a lot of ways that people can feel special. Stop by this post and check out the really inspiring entries at www.nightlightstories.blogspot.com. While you're there feel free to share what makes you feel special.
What did you say? A word of the day! That is right! In our story there are
many juicy words that are fun to learn and say!
aroma: an agreeable odor; fragrance.
promptly: quick to act
pungent: sharply affecting the organs of taste or smell, as if by a penetrating power
replenish: to make full or complete again
unravel: to separate or disentangle
JUST ADD IMAGINATION!
Try these activities to keep your imagination glowing after hearing the story.
1. Place the following list of words in alphabetical order: sailed, shaking, gloriously, patiently, grocery, jingle, peel, drifted, hammock, scampered
2. Retell the story after you hear it to a parent or friend. It might help to write some key words down or draw some pictures as you listen to help you remember the correct order of the story.
3. There are many ways to solve a problem. Think of another solution to Mojo's problem.
After listening to the story, can you recall the details to answer these questions?
1. What did Mojo's human mom do with the bananas that she thought were bad?
2. Why was Mojo so upset when he saw the mice eating the bananas?
3. How did Mojo solve the problem to keep the mice away from his bananas?
BRIGHT BIRTHDAY WISHES
We want to send out bright birthday wishes to:
Meg G. of Thurmont MD who turned 3
Michael H. of Danvers MA
John H. of Danvers, MA
Timmy C. of Groveland MA
We would also like to congratulate Kevin H and Bethi C who both graduated
and will be on to bigger, brighter things!
We hope your day SPARKLED!
If you want to be a part of getting a Night Light Birthday wish, send us an email at email@example.com. Please send us your first name and last name initial only along with your age and date of your birthday. There are no age limits!
As always, I look forward to watching the glow grow brighter with the many stories we can share together.