Click here to listen to Part 2 of the Patchwork Pumpkin
We hope you enjoyed part two of the Patchwork Pumpkin. We plan on posting the pictures of our jack-o-lanterns this weekend after our "Carvefest" with the kid's grandparents. We would love to see yours as well! Send us a picture of how you are celebrating this time of year and we will post it for all to enjoy!
To help celebrate our 1st two part story, the Northern Virginia based band, Rocknoceros, generously offered their newest CD, PINK, as a prize for a contest. To enter, simply visit Rocknoceros' website and explore all around. Dance to some songs, check out their podcast, and read their bios. Then, come back to this post and leave a comment about what you found most interesting, fun, or inviting about this intriguing trio!
What did you say, a word of the day? That is right, in our story there are many illuminating words. Try and use them in your conversations this week!
After listening to the story, can you recall the details to
answer these questions?
1. What made Millie flinch in the hay loft?
2. Do you think Millie raked the leaves like her mom asked? What did she do with them?
3. Where was Millie's father before she showed him the scarecrow?
JUST ADD IMAGINATION!
Try these activities to keep your imagination glowing after hearing the story.
1. Make a list of things you could reuse around your house to make a scarecrow.
2. Visit Crayola.com's coloring website http://bit.ly/pwpump to create a picture from your favorite part in the story. Send it us at email@example.com and we will post it for all to enjoy.
3. Carve your own digital pumpkin at http://www.puffgames.com/pumpkincarving