Click here to listen to: The Wrestling Match
Can you believe the holidays are over and the new year is upon us? We hope this year is full of learning, fun, and imagination for you. We enjoyed spending time over the holidays by playing board games that we made, visiting different worlds we made up in our imagination and telling stories at bedtime. Bedtime is one of our favorite times when we are all snuggled up, clean from our baths, and talking about our day.
What did you say? A word of the day! In our story there are many
juicy words that are fun to use and say.
rookie: an athlete playing his or her first season as a member of a professional sports team.spectators: a person who looks on or watches.
triumphant: having achieved victory or success.
veteran: experienced through long service or practice
JUST ADD IMAGINATION!
Try these activities to keep your imagination glowing after hearing the story.
1. Use a timer to see how fast it takes you to get your pajamas on all by yourself.
2. Download our board game that we created for "The I'm Sorry Truck". Print it out and play it as a family!
After listening to the story, can you recall the details to answer these questions?
1. Who are the characters in the story?
2. What is the goal of the veteran wrestler?
3. How does the rookie confuse the veteran and escape?
4. When do you think this story takes place? Why do you think that?
BRIGHT BIRTHDAY WISHES
We want to send out bright birthday wishes to:
Mr. Chris of the Night Light Stories household
Kate G of Maryland
Colton G of Maryland
Heather E of Virginia
Katie of West Virginia
Dana V of MommyBrain
We hope your day SPARKLED!
As always, we look forward to the many stories we can share together!